Hi,

I'm creating a galaxy tool [0] for querying external SPARQL (the Semantic Web query language) endpoints to get back data in tabular formats.

I run into a problem though, since SPARQL queries contain curly braces, and Galaxy obviously converts these to an internal representation __oc__ and __cc__ (I found the commit for this at [1])

My SPARQL query for testing looks like this:

SELECT ?s ?p ?o WHERE { ?s ?p ?o } LIMIT 25

Thus, when I send this to my (python) script as a commmand line argument, the curly braces comes in galaxy's internal representation.

Thus I was wondering if there is a way to get the braces in their correct format from galaxy, or if I should just go agead and convert them back in my own script? (i.e. will this behaviour be stable enough to rely on?)

Best
// Samuel

[0] See the sparql_import.* files in https://github.com/samuell/galaxy_semwebtools
[1] http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2010-February/001837.html