Let me echo Sascha. I've been thinking about this problem.  I suggest that we
need an "Error Document" dataset type that contains two kinds information:
1. which will help the end user correct the problem  (E.g. Please be sure to
use MAF files not BAM files etc).
2. which will help tool developers collect  a bunch of log files..

Error Documents could be aggregated (especially useful in a cluster
computation).

Then the report a bug button would aggregate the log file document and send it
to the tool developer.
Before sending, the end user would be able to see the contents  and be sure
that they were not posting confidential information offsite.

Thanks
Ted