I don't think this is possible.

Galaxy is designed to import data files and track their relationships and disk
usage internally.

You can import lots of files at once though..
see:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files

Brad
On Nov 20, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Fenglou Mao
<feng...@gmail.com<mailto:feng...@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

We have a local galaxy server. I know I can get data by ftp, upload directly
from browser, or by a URL.
If I have some fastq files in the Galaxy server local storage, is it possible
to let Galaxy use it directly?

Thanks,
Fenglou

Brad Langhorst