Hi,

the four processes I saw where all called "lastz" and ran in parallel and
consumed 100% of a core each.
My guess is that the lastz_wrapper.py is responsible for this.
Looking at it I see a some code regarding queuing and in the very beginning
this line:

WORKERS = 4

and further one the class BaseQueue which starts "threads". BTW. there seems to be no way to adjust this number other than editing the source file - bad.

And this get's me wondering if there are other such surprises hidden in galaxy.

regards, Andreas