On 28/11/12 06:12, Harris Shapiro wrote:
2) Overly aggressive “Security-Enhanced Linux” settings, which were silently blocking some of the needed HTTP communication. I never did find any log messages for this; I just guessed it might be an issue and turned it off. Everything then happily started working...

Take a look at the following page for some help around Apache and SELinux:

http://selinuxproject.org/page/ApacheRecipes

Paul