On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Langhorst, Brad <langho...@neb.com> wrote:

> Also - thanks for the github link - it's vastly superior to hg i think
> for the situation of merging pull requests. I can't figure a nice way
> to do a simple pull request in hg without a full scale repo duplication.

Heh - I'm not the only one struggling with hg for the sole purpose
of Galaxy development then? I'd also much prefer working with git.
It looks like you did a full history port as well :)

Sadly I doubt Galaxy will leave hg since it is used so heavily in
the Galaxy Tool Shed (here the fact that hg is written in Python
must be a big plus point), and in the current recommendations
for installing and updating a Galaxy deployment.

I personally will probably continue to work directly with hg and
bitbucket - but I'm not doing such big changes to Galaxy itself,
so the need for rebased etc isn't there.

Regards,