Hi,

I am trying to create a sqlite datatype. But whenever I upload the database its
corrupted.
With the latest galaxy-dist checkout
changeset:   8153:5dcbbdfe1087
tag:         tip
user:        Daniel Blankenberg <d...@bx.psu.edu>
date:        Tue Nov 06 12:57:23 2012 -0500
summary:     Allow rerun to access hidden datasets.

from http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Datatypes/Adding%20Datatypes
I thought that adding subclass="True" in datatypes_conf.xml would be enough to
register my new
type, but it seems like I stil have to add an entry in binary.py for it to be
recognized. But its still corrupted.

thank you very much,
ido

------
Tool: Upload File
Name:   hg19.sqlite
Created:        Dec 07, 2012
Filesize:       11.1 MB
Dbkey:  hg19
Format: sqlite
Tool Version:
Tool Standard Output:   stdout
Tool Standard Error:    stderr
Tool Exit Code: 0
------
Input Parameter Value
File Format     sqlite
Genome
File Format     sqlite
Inheritance Chain
hg19.sqlite
------

I tried combinations of:
datatypes_conf.xml
    <datatype extension="sqlite" type="galaxy.datatypes.binary:SQLite"
mimetype="application/octet-stream" display_in_upload="true" subclass="True"/>

with/without:
in lib/galaxy/datatypes/binary.py

class SQLite(Binary):
    """SQLite file"""
    file_ext = "sqlite"

    def set_peek( self, dataset, is_multi_byte=False ):
       if not dataset.dataset.purged:
            dataset.peek  = "sqlite file"
            dataset.blurb = data.nice_size( dataset.get_size() )
        else:
            dataset.peek = 'file does not exist'
            dataset.blurb = 'file purged from disk'
    def display_peek( self, dataset ):
        try:
            return dataset.peek
       except:
           return "sqlite file (%s)" % ( data.nice_size( dataset.get_size() ) )

Binary.register_unsniffable_binary_ext("sqlite")