Guys,

        I appreciate your effort to help me, but it looks like my AWS account
has some serious hidden issues going on. I completely wiped out CloudMan/Galaxy
instances from my EC2 environment as well as their volumes, and waited a couple
of hours for the instances to disappear from the instances list. After that, I
repeated the whole process twice, trying to create a Galaxy cluster with 10 and
then 15 Gb of storage space, but the result was equally frustrating with some
minor differences.

        In the less unsuccessful scenario, the Galaxy service was the only one
down, apparently for the following reason:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/buildapp.py",
line 36, in app_factory
    app = UniverseApplication( global_conf = global_conf, **kwargs )
  File "/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/app.py", line 85, in __init__
    from_shed_config=True )
  File "/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/tools/data/__init__.py",
line 41, in load_from_config_file
    tree = util.parse_xml( config_filename )
  File "/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/util/__init__.py", line 143,
in parse_xml
    tree = ElementTree.parse(fname)
  File
"/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/eggs/elementtree-1.2.6_20050316-py2.6.egg/elementtree/ElementTree.py",
 line 859, in parse
    tree.parse(source, parser)
  File
"/mnt/galaxyTools/galaxy-central/eggs/elementtree-1.2.6_20050316-py2.6.egg/elementtree/ElementTree.py",
 line 576, in parse
    source = open(source, "rb")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './shed_tool_data_table_conf.xml'
Removing PID file paster.pid

        I restarted it a few times, rebooted the machine and even tried to
update it, but nothing could magically fix the problem. I'm giving up the
high-level approach and starting from a fresh installation of Galaxy in one of
my instances. It's going to be less productive, but at least I have some
control over what's going on and can try to diagnose problems as they occur.

        Cheers,

        F.

PS: Dannon, one thing that intrigues me is how the web form manages to find out
the names of the previous clusters that I tried to instantiate. Where does it
get this information from if all the respective instances have been terminated
and wiped out?