Hi,

I just installed a galaxy server and ran into something that may be a deliberate feature or a genuine bug when trying to install a package from the main tool shed. I got the Admin tab working, went to the section dealing with tool sheds and selected "Search for valid tools" in the Galaxy main too shed. I was able to find the tool I wanted (NCBI Blast+, and I found multiple revisions) but I never found anything remotely like an "Install" button. There are bare-bones instructions for a manual install of the tool, but nothing automatic.

However, if I start with "Browse valid repositories" and _then_ search for "ncbi blast" (and not "ncbi blast+"), I find a single revision that has a "Preview and install" option and an "Install into local Galaxy" button.

So the only question here is whether this behavior is a bug or a feature. In other words, should I be able to automatically install packages using my first approach, or does Galaxy prevent this deliberately?

--
                 David Gene Morgan
                  cryoEM Facility