Hello all,

GenePeeks is hiring a Computational Geneticist.  The position description is
list below.  We are also hiring a tools programmer and I will send another
note with that position description.

Thanks,

Adam

Position Description

GenePeeks is a unique genetic information company with a mission to help
families protect the health of their future children. We are searching for a
highly skilled scientist to join our growing team and help develop
leading-edge technologies in a fast-paced, early-stage environment.

Primary Duties:
*
* -  Manipulate and analyze whole genome and high complexity genotype data,
including SNPs and Copy Number Variations (CNVs) from raw microarray data
files.
*
* -  Develop computational and data mining approaches to combine genotype
information, molecular profiling data and other phenotypic information
derived from NCBI and other online databases.
*
* -  Develop protocols to predict the probability and severity of particular
diseases and conditions related to SNP, CNV and other structural variations.
*
* -  Participate in implementing a system to test for and identify those
diseases
*
* -  Test and assure the quality of automated analysis systems
*
* -  Efficiently manage experimental data and data workflows
*
* -  Monitor trends and innovations in the fast-moving world of genomic
data, analytics, storage,
*
* and clinical diagnostics
*
* -  Contribute to the ongoing design and development of GenePeeks
technology
*
* -  Other duties as assigned
*
* Our ideal candidate would have the following training and technical
expertise:
*
* -  Ph.D. in genetics, biostatistics, computer science or related field, or
comparable training
*
* -  Familiarity with and experience using related publicly available
scientific datasources and tools
*
* (OMIM, DBSNP, GeneReviews, UCSC Genome Browser, Galaxy, HapMap)
*
* -  Ability to implement tools using APIs that automatically interrogate
publicly available scientific
*
* datasources and tools such as OMIM, DBSNP, GeneReviews, UCSC Genome
Browser,
*
* Galaxy, HapMap
*
* -  Familiarity with next-gen data analysis and whole genome data
*
* -  Research experience with and /or knowledge of clinical aspects of the
genetic causes of
*
* Autism, Schizophrenia and other neurological disorders
*
* -  Experience analyzing SNP, CNV, GWAS (or NGS) data
*
* -  Experience using automated bioinformatics tools
*
* -  Experience working with whole genome sequence data
*
* -  Proficiency with scripting language such as Python or R
*
* -  Familiarity with 1000 Genomes Project or similar exposure
*
* General Requirements:
*
* - Ability and motivation to work independently
* - Ability to interact proactively with a small group
* - Strong written and verbal communication skills
* - Desire to work in a fast-paced, loosely structured business environment
- Sense of humor
*
* Location:
*
* - Cambridge, MA or New York, NY - Some travel may be required
*
* Contact Information:
*
* If you are interested in this role and fulfill the requirements, please
send your CV and cover letter to j...@genepeeks.com

--
Adam S. Cohn
Chief Technology Officer / Chief Operations Officer