Genetics Tools Programmer - Position Description

GenePeeks is a unique genetic information company with a mission to help
families protect the health of their future children. We are searching for a
tools programmer to join our growing team and help develop leading-edge
technologies in a fast-paced, early-stage environment.

Primary duties:

Assist our Science Team by developing automated data retrieval and display
tools to assist in genetic data analysis. Will require database queries and
accessing online database resources through API.

A good grasp of SQL and some experience with Python (or similar programming
language) is required.

Experience with Genetics, Biology and associated tools (Such as NMCBI and
Galaxy) is desirable but not absolutely required.

Must be fast working, flexible, and have a sense of humor.

The work will start out as part time temporary - could become full time
permanent if budget and circumstances allow.

General Requirements:

- Ability and motivation to work independently
- Ability to interact proactively with a small group
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, loosely structured business environment -
Sense of humor

- -Location:- Cambridge, MA or New York, NY. - Some travel may be required

-Contact Information:

If you are interested in this role and fulfill the requirements, please send
your CV and cover letter to j...@genepeeks.com

--
Adam S. Cohn
Chief Technology Officer / Chief Operations Officer