Its hashed (sha1) and you can not reverse the hash. Storing passwords in a
reversible manner is bad practice.
http://galaxy-central.readthedocs.org/en/latest/_modules/galaxy/util/hash_util.html

You could maybe authenticate your users from the other program with the same
method against the hashed passwords.

best,
ido