On Jan 9, 2013, at 3:51 PM, Langhorst, Brad wrote:

> grr - actually - no it's not fixed
>
> I didn't see it on a few refreshes, but apparently it was temporary - or I
> was hallucinating.

These problems are tricky to debug because they involve a lot of config
fiddling and retrying.  I'd suggest setting mod_rewrite to debug:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriteloglevel

And modifying Galaxy to debug what is received from Apache:

    http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2010-January/001676.html

One other suggestion that has come up in the past: SELinux can interfere with
Apache/Galaxy communication, so if it's enabled, I would suggest disabling it
and testing to see if that has an effect.

--nate