On Thursday, January 17, 2013, Carl Eberhard wrote:

> Hello, Peter
>
> The blank panel should definitely be handled more gracefully in this
> situation - I'll work on that.

Great :)

> Have you noticed though, since your patch, any particular pattern to which
> metadata names are turning out to equal None (some obviously missing
> metadata field)? Is there a particular datatype?

No, and thus far I've only had it on my development Galaxy install which
has (compared to a production system) been exposed to plenty of cluster
oddities and other corner cases. It is also running on SQLite (easy to
reset and it is just me running jobs so contention is not normally an
issue).

Note that without adding more debugging or looking directly in the database
there is no easy way to tell what the datasets causing this problem were,
or what file type.

Have you seen the assertion fail?

Not yet, no. The fact the two fields were both None suggests to me
sometimes an entry was not recorded properly...

Regards,