On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Ross <ross.laza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Dan
> Glad it worked and thanks for pointing out a more general mimetype - does
> any one else (other than me) want to vote to add
> <datatype extension="rda" type="galaxy.datatypes.binary:Binary
> mimetype="application/x-gzip" subclass="True" />
> to datatypes_conf.xml.sample permanently ?

I do. This would be great as I am automating the creation of galaxy
tools and I'd like to be able to enable this feature without requiring
(either manual or programmatic) editing of datatypes_conf.xml.

Note that serialized R objects also sometimes have the .RData
extension -- both are valid -- so it would be good to support that as
well.

But now that I think about it, serialized objects are not always gzip
files--depending on the value of the 'compression' flag used with the
save() function, it may be gzip, bzip, xz, or even ascii!

So maybe the mime type should be changed back to something different,
like application/x-rlang-transport as you suggested.

I tried this and it seemed to work; It did the filtering I wanted and
I was still able to download a history item with this type.

Dan

Thanks,
Dan