Thank you Carlos again.

I was just looking at that and in fact I got it to work by following the sample
file.  I was misled by the tutorial
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/NGS%20Local%20Setup in regard to create
this file.

*******************
Setting Up loc File

    Get the index files to an accessible location
    Create the file bwa_index.loc in the Galaxy tool-data directory
        You can add the following header line if you want:
        #buildname filepath
        with a single tab separating the two
    Then start adding the entries for each build
        The file's path should include the first part of the index files' names
(the base)
        So if they are named like reference_in.fasta.amb and are stored in
/path/to/base/indices, the entry should be:
        reference_in /path/to/base/indices/reference_in.fasta
        a tab separating the two

Now it is working but I am still not clear about the header line
#<unique_build_id> <dbkey> <display_name>.  Which one of the identifier names
should match the actual reference_in name? Or it does not matter?

Thanks