Hi Kathryn,

Hopefully instructions here should help you out:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer#Use_a_clean_environment

I've also cc'd the galaxy-dev list as that's the best place to ask
questions like this instead of emailing team members directly.  Using
the list, you'll reach a larger audience who may be able to help you
and at the same time the answer to your question can benefit others.

Let me know if you have any more trouble,

-Dannon

Sun, Wenping [USA] wrote:

Hi Dannon,

The python at my server version is 2.4. I have installed python 2.7
and set link as well as path based on the guide. However, the default
python version still remain unchanged and galaxy would not run. Would
you mind providing some help on this?

Thank you very much,
Kathryn