On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Prasun Dutta <prasundutt...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Unfortunately, I am not an advanced developer in python. Although, I have
> 'Cygwin' in my system. Any heads up on that will be greatly appreciated?

Cygwin is a useful system for running Unix/Linux tools under Windows,
and according to this old email from Nate you would need to use it:
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2010-November/003671.html

More recently a couple of people tried this and ran into problems:
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2011-October/007132.html
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2011-October/007180.html
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2011-October/007182.html

For the simplest install and maintenance, choose what the Galaxy team
use: Linux

Regards,