We've  installed a local instance of Galaxy and are having trouble with the
first step of uploading files. The only thing that will currently upload is
text pasted into the URL/Text box.

Any attempt to upload a file using the Browse File box not only fails, it never
even starts. It's as if the Execute button is disabled.

I've tried changing the ajax-upload parameter to "false" in
tools/data_source/upload.xml (as mentioned in a workaround posted to the list
by Daniel Blankenburg in Aug 2012). I've also tried using different browsers
(including Internet Explorer) and going the route of Adding Data Libraries as
Admin. None of those attempts have worked.

Am I missing a configuration setup? Could there be permissions issues on the
Galaxy machine?

Thanks.

Steve