Hi Jennifer,

Thank you again for your help.  I am totally newbie to Galaxy so my issues
could be due to my experience with it but I am getting some progress slowly
though.

Now, I am having totally different problem right now.  I am trying to load
simple file using the Galaxy GUi but it keeps telling me it is working on it
but nothing really going on.  I sent an email to the list but has not get
anything back so far...

Where can I look for galaxy logs?  I am looking at the paster.log but it does
not tell me much?  People online keeps talking about output/log but I am not
sure where to go about that.

To answer your questions about SAM Tools:

Following the instructions at
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/NGS%20Local%20Setup I was confused at this
part:

------------------------
Then start adding the entries for each build

    The file's path should include the first part of the index files' names
(the base)
    So if they are named like reference_in.fasta.amb and are stored in
/path/to/base/indices, the entry should be:
    reference_in /path/to/base/indices/reference_in.fasta
    a tab separating the two

-------------------
It talks about two columns rather than 4 columns.  Also, I could not find
bwa_index.loc.sample in the tool_data/ folder.  Also, I had to add this entry
or might be bowtie_indices.loc to too_data_table_conf.xml since it was not
there by default and it was not mentioned anywhere in the instructions.

"
For the SAM->BAM tool - in the UI, there will never be a list of genomes
- that is not one of the form options. This tool either interprets the
database assigned to the input dataset (option "Choose the source for
the reference list: Locally cashed") or allows the user to select a
genome custom reference genome (option same, but "History"). "

I got lost at the point where it explains how to test it as follow:
----------------
You can test your file by restarting the server and then opening SAM-to-BAM,
Merge BAM files, or Generate pileup. Note that all rely on a file in the
history that has a build assigned to it that is in your list of SAM Tools index
builds. So you will need to set it (click the pencil icon to be able to change
it) if it does not have that assigned to it already. This means that your build
should be among the general builds available.

I am not really sure if I followed this.  I could not see the pencil icon to
change it.  Can you please rephrase the above so I can follow it?

Thank you...