We've also seen that same error in our startup log:

======================

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dtenenba/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/jobs/handler.py",
line 447, in _load_plugin
    module = __import__( module_name )
  File "/Users/dtenenba/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/jobs/runners/lwr.py",
line 232
    worker = threading.Thread( ( name="LwrJobRunner.thread-%d" % i ),
target=self.run_next )
                                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

And we are also having trouble uploading files. Originally, even attempts to
add files via the Admin Data Libraries process wouldn't work. That seems to
have been resolved (coincidentally? or causally?) after another user completed
a general upload via a URL.

But even now, uploading a specific file with the Get Data -> Upload File
process is still non-responsive. Either the Execute button never does anything
at all, or the upload process appears in History and turns blue but never
completes.