Thanks Nate,

It turns out I already had this as the first line of my job setup file:

export TEMP=/scratch/galaxy

But when I look in that directory, there's plenty of free space, and I
also don't see any recent files there.  So I'm wondering if the upload
jobs aren't seeing that for some reason.

Any ideas on how I could diagnose this more?

-Greg

Relevant info?

>grep env galaxy-dist/universe_wsgi.ini
environment_setup_file = /usr/local/galaxy/job_environment_setup_file

>cat /usr/local/galaxy/job_environment_setup_file
export TEMP=/scratch/galaxy
#active Python virtual env just for galaxy
source /usr/local/galaxy/galaxy_python/bin/activate
... path setup lines ...