Hi,
Some of our users are experiencing problems with (mainly) tabular data on
our local install of Galaxy (changeset 8368:0042b30216fc, Nov 06 2012).
I'm presuming it's some kind of meta-data problem.
The first strange behavior is that they are getting green history items,
but when the history item is expanded it has 'no peek' in the data preview
and 'empty' as the line-count. When they click on the eye icon, their data
appears and the output is as expected.
Sometimes the data preview panel (in the history item) has the number of
columns across the top of it (but still with 'no peek') and this data can
be used downstream, but often the columns are missing or incorrect and
although the output file is correctly tabulated, it cannot be used
downstream.
All of these problems can be addressed by using the Auto-detect in the
Edit Attributes. This provides the correct column count, gives the line
count and provides a peek.
This happens with lots of different tools, usually (but not exclusively)
with tabular data.
I'm wondering if anyone has ever encountered this problem before and what
they did to address it.
Many thanks,

Graham

Dr. Graham Etherington