Thanks Ross.

I did mean separate Galaxy instances like test and main with their own
independent backend databases.

How could I run say a test and a main from the same node?

I guess I'd need to modify the port number for each instance and then multiple
entries in the apache config file i.e. So they show physically separate
information when loaded... i.e. http://localhost/galaxyTest and .
http://localhost/galaxyMain

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest$ /galaxyTest/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest/static/style/(.*)
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-test/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest/static/scripts/(.*)
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-test/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest/static/(.*) /home/nate/galaxy-dist-test/static/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest/favicon.ico
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-test/static/favicon.ico [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest/robots.txt
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-test/static/robots.txt [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxyTest (.*) http://localhost:9080$1 [P]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain$ /galaxyMain/ [R]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain/static/style/(.*)
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-main/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain/static/scripts/(.*)
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-main/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain/static/(.*) /home/nate/galaxy-dist-main/static/$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain/favicon.ico
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-main/static/favicon.ico [L]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain/robots.txt
/home/nate/galaxy-dist-main/static/robots.txt [L]

RewriteRule ^/galaxyMain (.*) http://localhost:9081$1 [P]

Is that correct?

Cheers

Neil