Hi,

We are using a proprietary file format in some of our tools.
I successfully added a new data type, but what I would like to do is to use the auto-detect when uploading the file, just based on the extension of the file.

My guess is I have to override the sniff() in the datatype class, and test for the extension ? Somethinkg like that :

if file.endswith('.extension123'):

But how do I get the original filename when it was uploaded ?

David