On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
>> What I am facing, is that I have 100 FASTQ pairs or so, for a single
>> flowcell, I can start the analysis of that set from the UI, but it will just
>> crank through them and takes about 2-4 minutues for each pair to be
>> processed, so with 100 pairs or so, you are looking 3-4 hours of an
>> hourglass before control is given back to the user...
>
> Is this in the context of starting a workflow with hundreds of inputs?

I believe this is entirely in the web process, creating a workflow
requires creating tons of datasets, which requires tons of database
flushes. I have a patch to fix this from a long time ago but it would
need substantial testing. I think we should also background the
process, but this depends on having a way to attach the workflow
invocation to the history, hence dataset groups. All the pieces are
coming together on this.

--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology/CS, Emory University