On Feb 21, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Shun Liang wrote:

> Sorry just forgot to CC the mailing list.
>
> Hi James,
>
> I followed the manual installation instruction on
> "https://bitbucket.org/james_taylor/bx-python/wiki/HowToInstall";, and
> surprisingly, bx-python seems to be built on the ARM server without any
> problem:
>
> Installed
> /nfs/users/bx-python/lib/python/bx_python-0.7.1-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg
> Processing dependencies for bx-python==0.7.1
> Finished processing dependencies for bx-python==0.7.1

Hi Shun.

I'm moving this over to galaxy-dev since it's about a local installation.

Galaxy's eggs lib isn't finding the egg you built because Galaxy adds the
Mercurial revision to the egg version, and then expects the egg to be
physically located in galaxy-dist/eggs/.  The library will be looking for:

    bx_python-0.7.1_7b95ff194725-py2.7-linux-armv71.egg

If you are able to build it through scramble that would be ideal since it
handles that naming for you, and there will be other C-Extension eggs to build
under similar constraints.  There should have been an error earlier in the
scramble output with more details on why building bx-python failed.  If you
rerun scramble on just that egg, you should be able to recapture the output:

  % python ./scripts/scramble.py -e bx_python

--nate