You can change the bowtie wrapper to save the stderr of the bowtie part.

The command line is (bowtie2_wrapper.py):
cmd = 'bowtie2 %s -x %s %s %s | samtools view -Su - | samtools sort -o - -
> %s'
Change it to something like:
cmd = 'bowtie2 %s -x %s %s %s 2> bowtie_stderr_filename | samtools view -Su
- | samtools sort -o - - > %s'
Where bowtie_stderr_filename is a temporary filename.
And concat this before the stderr afterwards (of the whole command).

Hopefully, the official bowtie-wrapper will have this addition too.

Hagai