I need to access the api using an api key…
Does anybody have a working apache configuration for that? A search at
galaxyproject.org/search<http://galaxyproject.org/search> didn't turn anything
up.

I tried this: but that causes the history to fail to update.

    <Location "/">
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all

                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "NEB Credentials"
                AuthBasicProvider ldap
                AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
                AuthLDAPBindDN xxxx@yyyy
                AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxx
                AuthLDAPURL "ldap://<host…>?sAMAccountName"
                require valid-user

                RequestHeader set REMOTE_USER %{AUTHENTICATE_sAMAccountName}e

                SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
                SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip
dont-vary
                SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:t?gz|zip|bz2)$ no-gzip dont-vary
                SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI /history/export_archive no-gzip
dont-vary

                XSendFile on
                XSendFileAllowAbove on
        </Location>

       <Location "/api">
               Satisfy Any
               Allow from all
       </Location>

I must keep that /api location commented out for history updates to work.
If i uncomment it, i can use the api.

What's the right solution?
Maybe i should add a /api2 alias that does not require valid-user?
Maybe my apache foo is just too weak and I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks for any advice!

Brad
--
Brad Langhorst