Hi Sarah

May be the histories and/or datasets are shared with users who did not delete them?

Also, have you looked at the log files? What is written in the log files for the purge_datasets.sh step? Do you have lines like:

"Removing disk, file  ***/database/files/008/dataset_8271.dat"

and at the very end, something like:

Purged 82 datasets
Freed disk space:  647719608
Elapsed time:  1.51890397072

And I am confused with the way you call the scripts. This might be explained by different galaxy versions, however:

"delete_userless_histories.sh" is in my case a wrapper executing 'cleanup_datasets.py' with the options: "-d 90 -1". I do not provide the options when I call it. and the same is true for all the other scripts

Regards, Hans-Rudolf