Ok, sorry for having bothered you again with my stupidness... I actually have a
test instance of galaxy on the same server with the database directory
hard-linked. After I deleted that one the space was free *d'oh*.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah Diehl" <di...@ie-freiburg.mpg.de>
To: "Hans-Rudolf Hotz" <h...@fmi.ch>, "galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu List"
<galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:07:58 PM
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] purging datasets doesn't free up disk space

Hi Hans,

thanks for your help. I didn't realize the sh scripts came with their own
options. I just misunderstood that in the documentation. It seems to have
worked though, the log file says:

# 2013-02-28 11:56:20 - Handling stuff older than 1 days
Purged 10097 datasets
Freed disk space:  9515493164336
Elapsed time:  5669.43398285

So the freed disk space should be around 9 TB, right?

Best regards,
Sarah