-----Original Message-----
From: jmchil...@gmail.com [mailto:jmchil...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of John Chilton
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:27 PM
To: Marc Logghe
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] blend4j

This is not a blend4j issue, it is more of a Galaxy API issue. I think
it is essentially a known problem that you cannot specify runtime
parameters for workflow, only data inputs. Here the relevant piece of
Galaxy code:

        inputs = {}
        for step in latest_workflow.steps:
            if step.type == 'data_input':
                inputs[step.id] = {'label':step.tool_inputs['name'], 'value':""}
            else:
                pass
                # Eventually, allow regular tool parameters to be
inserted and modified at runtime.
                # p = step.get_required_parameters()

I think the meantime, the work around is not define these are workflow
parameters but instead hard code some values, and then pull down,
rewrite, and reupload a new workflow for each execution:

WorkflowsClient client = galaxyInstance.getWorkflowsClient();
String workflowJson = client.exportWorkflow(originalWorkflowId);
// modify workflow json
Workflow importedWorkflow = client.importWorkflow(workflowJson);
String importedWorkflowId = importedWorkflow.getId();

It is not pretty obviously. They are pretty good about responding to
API pull requests so if you have the time to fix the Galaxy code
itself I think everyone would appreciate that fix.

-John

Hi John
Thanks for the quick answer; I'll give it a try.
Regarding the fix: you need to give me some time, started with a python
tutorial only 2 days ago ;-)

Regards,
Marc
THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO
WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.
If the reader of this E-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
in error, please notify us immediately at abl...@ablynx.com. Thank you for your
co-operation.
"NANOBODY" and "NANOCLONE" are registered trademarks of Ablynx N.V.