HI Hans,

Yours happened when upgrading from 108 - 109 (which didn't happen to me).

If you have a chance to upgrade to release_2013.02.08, your database will
be upgrade from 109 - 110, I am very interested to see if the index
creation error happens to you as well.

Cheers,
Derrick


On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Hans-Rudolf Hotz <h...@fmi.ch> wrote:

> Hi Derrick
>
> This is interesting. we are also using MySQL and I got an error at the
> same step. However in my case the error message was:
>
> " (OperationalError) (1050, "Table 
> 'repository_repository_**dependency_association'
> already exists") "
>
> the same was also the case for the repository_dependency table
> (see below for full error)
>
> I have encountered this already several times over then last few years and
> struggled to understand what was really going on (why is it trying to build
> the table a second and a third time). Our sysadmins always insisted that
> there were no other error messages in the MySQL logs. So I ignored it.
> Knowing your error message, could now explain our situation. (see also
> below for the index description)
>
> So far we have no problems...but we also don't work much with the tool
> shed.
>
>
> Regards, Hans-Rudolf
>
>
>
>
> mysql> show index from repository_repository_**dependency_association\G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>        Table: repository_repository_**dependency_association
>   Non_unique: 0
>     Key_name: PRIMARY
> Seq_in_index: 1
>  Column_name: id
>    Collation: A
>  Cardinality: 0
>     Sub_part: NULL
>       Packed: NULL
>         Null:
>   Index_type: BTREE
>      Comment:
> *************************** 2. row ***************************
>        Table: repository_repository_**dependency_association
>   Non_unique: 1
>     Key_name: tool_shed_repository_id
> Seq_in_index: 1
>  Column_name: tool_shed_repository_id
>    Collation: A
>  Cardinality: NULL
>     Sub_part: NULL
>       Packed: NULL
>         Null: YES
>   Index_type: BTREE
>      Comment:
> *************************** 3. row ***************************
>        Table: repository_repository_**dependency_association
>   Non_unique: 1
>     Key_name: repository_dependency_id
> Seq_in_index: 1
>  Column_name: repository_dependency_id
>    Collation: A
>  Cardinality: NULL
>     Sub_part: NULL
>       Packed: NULL
>         Null: YES
>   Index_type: BTREE
>      Comment:
> 3 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql>
>
>
>
>
>
> 108 -> 109...
>
> Migration script to add the repository_dependency and
> repository_repository_**dependency_association tables.
>
> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-02-26 14:04:55,820
> Creating repository_dependency table failed: (OperationalError) (1050,
> "Table 'repository_dependency' already exists") u'\nCREATE TABLE
> repository_dependency (\n\tid INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
> \n\tcreate_time DATETIME, \n\tupdate_time DATETIME,
> \n\ttool_shed_repository_id INTEGER NOT NULL, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (id), \n\t
> FOREIGN KEY(tool_shed_repository_id) REFERENCES tool_shed_repository
> (id)\n)\n\n' ()
> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-02-26 14:04:55,820
> Creating repository_dependency table failed: (OperationalError) (1050,
> "Table 'repository_dependency' already exists") u'\nCREATE TABLE
> repository_dependency (\n\tid INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
> \n\tcreate_time DATETIME, \n\tupdate_time DATETIME,
> \n\ttool_shed_repository_id INTEGER NOT NULL, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (id), \n\t
> FOREIGN KEY(tool_shed_repository_id) REFERENCES tool_shed_repository
> (id)\n)\n\n' ()
> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-02-26 14:04:55,821
> Creating repository_repository_**dependency_association table failed:
> (OperationalError) (1050, "Table 
> 'repository_repository_**dependency_association'
> already exists") u'\nCREATE TABLE 
> repository_repository_**dependency_association
> (\n\tid INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, \n\tcreate_time DATETIME,
> \n\tupdate_time DATETIME, \n\ttool_shed_repository_id INTEGER,
> \n\trepository_dependency_id INTEGER, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (id), \n\t FOREIGN
> KEY(tool_shed_repository_id) REFERENCES tool_shed_repository (id), \n\t
> FOREIGN KEY(repository_dependency_id) REFERENCES repository_dependency
> (id)\n)\n\n' ()
> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-02-26 14:04:55,821
> Creating repository_repository_**dependency_association table failed:
> (OperationalError) (1050, "Table 
> 'repository_repository_**dependency_association'
> already exists") u'\nCREATE TABLE 
> repository_repository_**dependency_association
> (\n\tid INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, \n\tcreate_time DATETIME,
> \n\tupdate_time DATETIME, \n\ttool_shed_repository_id INTEGER,
> \n\trepository_dependency_id INTEGER, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (id), \n\t FOREIGN
> KEY(tool_shed_repository_id) REFERENCES tool_shed_repository (id), \n\t
> FOREIGN KEY(repository_dependency_id) REFERENCES repository_dependency
> (id)\n)\n\n' ()
> done
>
>
>
>
>
> On 03/01/2013 05:22 AM, Derrick Lin wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I was given the following error when upgrading the database from 109 to
>> 110:
>>
>> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-03-01 15:14:15,554
>> Creating repository_repository_**dependency_association table failed:
>> (OperationalError) (1059, "Identifier name
>> 'ix_repository_repository_**dependency_association_tool_**shed_repository_id'
>> is
>> too long") u'CREATE INDEX
>> ix_repository_repository_**dependency_association_tool_**
>> shed_repository_id
>> ON repository_repository_**dependency_association
>> (tool_shed_repository_id)' ()
>> 0109_add_repository_**dependency_tables DEBUG 2013-03-01 15:14:15,554
>> Creating repository_repository_**dependency_association table failed:
>> (OperationalError) (1059, "Identifier name
>> 'ix_repository_repository_**dependency_association_tool_**shed_repository_id'
>> is
>> too long") u'CREATE INDEX
>> ix_repository_repository_**dependency_association_tool_**
>> shed_repository_id
>> ON repository_repository_**dependency_association
>> (tool_shed_repository_id)' ()
>>
>> So I guess the indexes weren't created. I am using MySQL, is it a big
>> deal for Galaxy?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Derrick
>>
>>
>> ______________________________**_____________________________
>> Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
>> in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
>> and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
>>
>>    http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
>>
>>
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Reply via email to