On 03/03/2013 05:18 PM, Dave Clements wrote:
Hi Bernardo,

I'm intrigued by this idea.  It might be possible to build a Google
custom search, similar to the Tools tab of the usegalaxy search
(http://galaxyproject.org/search/usegalaxy/).  That's would not be an
ideal solution, but it would be quick to implement.

or adding a new page to listing all the tools (similar to the "Tool versions" page you get from the report tools). And this page can easily be called and parsed from a central location.

This kind of reminds me to the "good old days" when we checked the list of databases available from all the public SRS servers:

http://bioblog.instem.com/download/srs-parser-and-software-downloads/public-srs-installations/

where the info is all taken from pages like:

http://www.dkfz.de/menu/cgi-bin/srs7.1.3.1/wgetz?-page+databanks
http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-page+databanks

Such a page listing all the tools would also be nice for the users. Not everybody likes search boxes. Some people prefer reading lists.....

Hans-Rudolf

Let me take a look at this in a week or two (traveling this week) and
see if searching ~28 sites is tractable/possible with a free Google
custom search.

Thanks,

Dave C

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Bernardo Bello <popn...@gmail.com