Manually adding "HideDatasetActions" via the right panel in the editor was
deprecated a while back in favor of the workflow output 'asterisks' you see
rendered on each step in the workflow editor, but they're still used behind
the scenes.  When you flag a step as an output, all other non-output steps
should have HideDatasetActions added to the step automatically.

-Dannon