I have setup a galaxy instance from the root host (without sub-directory) and
it's working fine. I have setup another galaxy instance on the same system, but
it's being served from a sub-directory using the same front-end Apache. The
sub-directory instance creates a new history on every visit or page refresh. A
page refresh occurs immediately after submitting a job so it  doesn't appear in
the right side history panel (by that time Galaxy has created a new history).
Essentially Galaxy is creating one job per history!

The cookie_path and prefix values are configured properly in the
universe_wsgi.ini file. The Apache configuration contains sub-directory
specific rewrite rules as well. Any clues on how to debug this further would be
helpful. Anyone else seen such issue before?

Shantanu