Hello,

We are working on an astrophysics project, and making use of a currently
private Galaxy instance. We have introduced a new datatype, which we call 'db';
this datatype corresponds to SQLite3 database files.

We would like to be able to use the <options> tag, with the from_dataset
attribute, to allow us to form a selection of options determined by data
available in the SQLite3 file. However, looking at the code in
dynamic_options.py, we don't see how to do what we want. It appears that the
code associated with 'from_dataset' only supports obtaining information from
textual files. When we tried to use the options tag, we obtain a failure that
looks like the system has read the first megabyte of data from the SQLite3 file
as a string, which of course can't be interpreted.

Is there an way to make our 'db' data type have the right interface to allow
the option selection to work with it?

thanks
Marc and Jim