Hi,

I am new to Galaxy. I have managed to set up my Galaxy server with
PostgreSQL and ProFTPd.
I only do not know how to configure the system properly in order to get
uploaded files into Galaxy.

Problems:
1. I cannot see the files uploaded through ProFTPd from Galaxy.
2. I cannot upload any (even tiny) file through the Galaxy web interface --
Galaxy puts the upload task in the queue and the arrow is blinking (like it
is uploading) but it never ends.

Problem nr. 1 is solved when I set the current user's home directory access
rights to 777. But it does not seem to be the best solution (and the
ProFTPd config file shown in
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Upload%20via%20FTP is more
restrictive than that).

I run Galaxy under UNIX user called galaxyuser. And I log into Galaxy as
some...@somewhere.com.
The access rights on the folders are as follows:
drwx--x--x 3 galaxyuser root 4096 dub  5 12:05 /var/ftp_uploads/
/var/ftp_uploads/:
total 4
drwx------ 2 65533 65533 4096 dub  8 15:38 some...@somewhere.com

I would appreciate any suggestions.