Hi,

> Hello,
> I installed galaxy server on ubuntu recently, I can upload small fastq files
> (~600 Mb), but when I am uploading large file(2.7 gb), it is taking forever.
> Could you please suggest me something ?

Files larger than 2GB cannot be uploaded through the web-interface.
If the data is on the same server than galaxy you may try to link copy
the data with the admin interface:

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/DataLibraries/UploadingLibraryFiles

Transferring large data is also possible via ftp. Have a look at:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/FTPUpload

Cheers,
Bjoern