Peter,

That is the intended behavior, but I've added a trello card (https://trello.com/c/O9YmzUT4) for revisiting that decision at some point. We are definitely willing to be flexible about the testing conditions, but the primary goal of the automated testing framework was to verify functional correctness of an entire repository, to simplify the approval process for the category of "tools contained within the repository".

   --Dave B.