Mic;

> I have tried to install gff with easy_install, but I got the following
> error:
> $ easy_install --prefix=/home/mic/apps/pymodules -UZ
> https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb/tree/master/gff
> Downloading https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb/tree/master/gff
> error: Unexpected HTML page found at
> https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb/tree/master/gff
>
> How is it possible to install gff?

I don't know of a way to install directly from git with subdirectories
like that. You'd need to clone, then install with easy_install or pip:

$ git clone git://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb.git
$ easy_install bcbb/gff
$ pip install bcbb/gff

Apologies about the convoluted setup. Depending on what you're doing,
you might want to have a look at gffutils:

https://github.com/daler/gffutils

We're working on rolling the functionality from the gff library into
this so there'll be one place to work from for GFF in python.

Hope this helps,
Brad