Hi Peter,

>I'm not 100% sure but I think the  BLAST 2.2.26+ which Galaxy installed
>via the Tool Shed will take priority over the system installed BLAST 2.2.28+
>already on the cluster.

Blast 2.2.26 probably would take priority, if I installed it =D but I didn't
set up the missing tool dependencies for this reason.

>(I am intending to update this as BLAST 2.2.26+ is quite old, but I am
>currently struggling with the Galaxy unit test framework.)

Anything that can be helped with? From my testing, 2.2.28 works fine with the
tool repository 1f546099212f.

>I still use emacs for tabs, but curse regularly when I accidentally do
>Apple+Q and quite the terminal (rather than Ctrl+Q, tab).

I have the same problem with command+C vs. Ctrl+C!

>My guess is that your BLAST databases were updated around the same
>time (or maybe one cluster node had a bad database copy or something).
>But it could be down to the tool binaries themselves. Strange.

It wouldn't be the first time our blast databases were uploaded with error, so
that is quite possible.

>Have you checked the data.py and binary.py files do include the
>two classes GenericAsn1 and GenericAsn1Binary? It could be
>an hg merge went wrong and your local copy of Galaxy is missing
>them.

That was it. I'm not sure why those weren't merged, but I went ahead and made
those changes!
Thanks a ton.

-Carrie