From: Ross [mailto:ross.laza...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 12:00 PM
To: Burdett, Neil (ICT Centre, Herston - RBWH)
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Command Line Tool for Creating New Users

Neil,
AFAIK, python will not load a module unless the relevant script file is marked
as executable by the current user?
Try something like:
chmod ugo+x scripts/db_shell.py
and see if that fixes your problem?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM,
<neil.burd...@csiro.au<mailto:neil.burd...@csiro.au>> wrote:
Hi,
    I'm trying to use the tool, however, when I run it I get:

python create_galaxy_users.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "create_galaxy_users.py", line 2, in <module>
    from scripts.db_shell import *
ImportError: No module named scripts.db_shell

I've set my PYTHONPATH to be ~/galaxy-dist/lib. What else do I need to do? I'm
running the script from ~/galaxy-dist/ directory, but I get the same error if I
copy it into the scripts directory. I've checked and I can see that the
scripts.db_shell.py<http://scripts.db_shell.py> script exists

If I comment out the line then the next error I get is:

python create_galaxy_users.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "create_galaxy_users.py", line 7, in <module>
    from galaxy.security import GalaxyRBACAgent
  File "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py", line 9, in
<module>
    from galaxy.model.orm import *
  File "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/__init__.py", line 15, in
<module>
    from galaxy.security import RBACAgent, get_permitted_actions
ImportError: cannot import name RBACAgent

Any help much appreciated

Neil

Message: 1