I did add nodes about the same time I setup load balancing so that was likely
the fix.  I will definitely set the head node not to run jobs.

Thanks,
Iry

From: Dannon Baker <dannon.ba...@gmail.com<mailto:dannon.ba...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, May 6, 2013 4:19 PM
To: Iry Witham <iry.wit...@jax.org<mailto:iry.wit...@jax.org>>
Cc: "galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu<mailto:galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu>"
<galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu<mailto:galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu>>
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Resizing galaxy cloudman /mnt/galaxyData partition

Ahh, ok.  So, unfortunately Cloudman isn't designed to be used with a load
balancer (at least at this point).  In any given cluster you have exactly one
master node and all of the rest are workers (which do not run web processes,
hence the 1/9 health).

What was slow that you were trying to improve the performance of?  One thing
I'd definitely recommend for head node performance, if you do have extra worker
nodes, would be to go to the admin panel (<your_ec2_instance>/cloud/admin) and
disable job running on the head node using the "Set master to not run jobs"
option.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Iry Witham