Joachim,

As you discovered, deactivating a repository does not give you the option to select a new tool panel section. However, if you select the option to remove the repository from disk, and then reinstall it, you will be presented with the tool panel section page, where you can uncheck the 'no changes' box and either select or create a tool panel section for the tools contained in the repository.

   --Dave B.