You can probably use the API for what you want to do, though your users will
need to have an API key to make everything work smoothly. Documentation for the
API is here:

https://galaxy-central.readthedocs.org/en/latest/lib/galaxy.webapps.galaxy.api.html

An alternative approach would be to build a Galaxy data source tool that
enables users to get a remote dataset from your site. Here are some information
about this approach:

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Internals/Data%20Sources

Also, check out examples in the <GALAXY_HOME>/tools/data_source directory.

Good luck,
J.