On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm exploring a <conditional> example where I would like to group some
> of the select values into a single <when> clause. Currently it seems
> each value requires its own <when> which leads to duplication and
> worse.
>
> For example, I'd like to do something like this:
>
>                 <conditional name="id_opts">
>                         <param name="set_operator" type="select"
> label="Source of sequence identifier list">
>                                 <option value="SINGLE">Single file - want
> sequences listed in ONE
> tabular file</option>
>                                 <option value="UNION">Union - want sequences
> listed in ANY of given tabular files</option>
>                                 <option value="INTERSECTION">Intersection -
> want sequences listed in ALL of given tabular files</option>
>                         </param>
>                         <when value="SINGLE">
>                                 <!-- We don't need a repeat for one file -->
>                                 <param name="input_tabular" type="data"
> format="tabular"
> label="Tabular file containing sequence identifiers"/>
>                         </when>
>                         <!-- exactly what syntax would be best the for next
> line unclear -->
>                         <when values="UNION,INTERSECTION">
>                                 <repeat name="identifiers" title="Tabular
> file(s) with sequence
> identifiers" min="2">
>                                         <param name="input_tabular"
> type="data" format="tabular"
> label="Tabular file containing sequence identifiers"/>
>                                 </repeat>
>                         </when>
>                 </conditional>

Note that there is precedent for defaulting to a comma separator but allowing it
to be over-ridden in the <filter>. Or perhaps sub-elements would work too...

As an aside, looking at the documentation on the wiki, there seem to be two
different <filter> tags, one within an <options> tag set (which is documented)
and one within a <data> tag (which is not documented but is used in an
example). http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/ToolConfigSyntax