I should have read the rest of my email before replying -- so you did
update Galaxy for your cloud instance.  What exact revision/branch are you
running now?  There was a brief period when select2 was enabled for the
workflow page and it broke things.  This should be fixed in -stable (and,
of course, tip of -central).