Hi,
I used the SAM to FASTQ tool to divide78 lines of Illimina paired end sequences in SAM format to FASTQ format. The read 2 data set works fine, and I used the FASTQ masker and then FASTQ to FASTA tools.

I went to repeat those steps with the the read 1 data set. It errors with:

Error executing tool: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object.

Thinking maybe the format was corrupted, I ran FASTQ groomer.  Same result:

Error executing tool: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object.

Thinking the SAM to FASTQ had a problem, I repeated it. Same result:

Error executing tool: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object.

You get thepicture. Anything I try with this data gives the same error.

When I googled the error, the top results were all about large data sets, but this isn't a large set.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Ann

Thanks for your help.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to be for the use
only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential
or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or
are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the
sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all
copies of this message. Thank you.