Hi Sarah

you need to install the rpy module:

http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy.html

As a warning: we have been struggling to get rpy to work with newer versions of R. In or experience in only works with R version 2.9 and older. Thanks to a recent effort of our sysadmin, we can now use it with 2.15 - which is good, but not great, as our default version of R is now 3.0

Although we haven't started to us it, I recommend using rpy2:

http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy2.html

Most tools have been refactored by John Chilton

see: http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/rpy2-Core-Tools-td4659832.html

Regards, Hans-Rudolf